Youtube add

Discussion in 'Discussion (AdGuard for Android)' started by Dj Dany, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Dj Dany

Dj Dany Member

In youtube video the ad appears ,i use last adguard beta,android 7

2. Boo Berry

Boo Berry Moderator + Beta Tester Moderator

Are you using the YouTube app or viewing the YouTube page in a web browser? If it's the YouTube app, Adguard *may* not be able to filter the ads. But if you're using YouTube in a web browser like Chrome it *should* remove the ads when playing videos. If it's not, what browser are you using?

3. Dj Dany

Dj Dany Member

ok,i viewing in app,thanks

4. Kati

Kati New Member

is there any way to block ads in the app? that was the main reason why i renewed my adguard licence. It did block ads, not any more

5. Boo Berry

Blocking the ads in the YouTube app, at the moment, works best if you have a rooted phone. And even then in my own experience that didn't really work well (this is Google's doing with how the newer player works). I ended up just viewing YouTube in a web browser instead (where the ads can be blocked).

Also, the YouTube app can't be filtered on Android 7.0 Nougat and above. So yeah, the YouTube app is likely making the list of apps that Adguard can't filter (others include the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. apps).

More info: https://blog.adguard.com/en/how-to-block-ads-on-youtube-for-android/

6. Alessandro

Alessandro New Member

7. Edoardo Giordano Mozzini

Edoardo Giordano Mozzini New Member

Hi
    possible solution:
    with youtube, i folllow this step:https://blog.adguard.com/en/how-to-block-ads-on-youtube-for-android/ and i'm going in setting>Apps>Scroll down until see Youtube app and open it>i click on deactivates with automatic uninstallation and factory installatio>restart your device, and it work! No ads and banners. My factory version is 11.07.59,
    With https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/youtube/youtube-11-49-55-release/ and other older or new>after a few days of many ads, with factory version after a week no ads.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 2:17 PM
  8. Alessandro

Alessandro New Member

There is no such option. Maybe you can take a picture and post it here?

9. Edoardo Giordano Mozzini

Attached Files:

10. Boo Berry

It varies from device to device. I personally don't recommend turning off updates for apps or downgrading apps due to security.

It's likely the YouTube app can't be filtered by AdGuard for Android anymore.

11. Edoardo Giordano Mozzini

What? YouTube app can be filtered by AdGuard for android, with latest version 12.34.55 i see ads with adguard actived, but why i see ads? This program is made for deleted ads. As I already told you, you go in setting>Apps>Scroll down until see Youtube app and open it>i click on deactivates button>restart your device. Next go to store and disable autoupdate after you search youtube app!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017 at 2:53 PM
  12. Boo Berry

Filtered sure, ads removed? Likely not anymore. This is because YouTube has been experimenting with a new player where ads can't be removed. It's very likely Google has pushed out this new player as the default in the YouTube app now, hence why AdGuard for Android can't remove the ads from the YouTube app anymore.

I don't even use the YouTube app anymore because of that, I instead view YouTube in a web browser (Chrome) where the ads can still be removed.

13. Edoardo Giordano Mozzini

ok, i understand, but for me the most important thing, is deleted the ads, and as I say it works, I don't care about the changes that they make!