Youtube add

choiminzi

It varies from device to device . I personally don't recommend turning off updates for apps or downgrading apps due to security.

It's likely the YouTube app can't be filtered by AdGuard for Android anymore.
What? YouTube app can be filtered by AdGuard for android, with latest version 12.34.55 i see ads with adguard actived, but why i see ads? This program is made for deleted ads. As I already told you, you go in setting>Apps>Scroll down until see Youtube app and open it>i click on deactivates button>restart your device. Next go to store and disable autoupdate after you search youtube app!

Last edited:

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Unfortunately AdGuard for Android can't remove ads from the YouTube app anymore.

What? YouTube app can be filtered by AdGuard for android, with latest version 12.34.55 i see ads with adguard actived, but why i see ads? This program is made for deleted ads. As I already told you, you go in setting>Apps>Scroll down until see Youtube app and open it>i click on deactivates button>restart your device. Next go to store and disable autoupdate after you search youtube app!
with app in default version, 11.07.59 (this is on my android phone) remember to disable automatic update in the play store and never before and I say never seen ads

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I don't recommend disabling Play Store updates. There's alternative, "hacked" YouTube apps that have ads removed (and background playback) and they don't require root access (e.g. iYTPB aka YouTube Vanced), but use of those apps are at your own risk (and you will have to disable Play Store updates with those).

The ads can be removed from a web browser (e.g. Chrome or Firefox) when visiting and watching YouTube there. That's what I do - it actually works pretty well.

UMX

aka YouTube Vanced), but use of those apps are at your own risk (and you will have to disable Play Store updates with those).
Why disabling updates?
Mine are set to 'manual' to avoid updating other apps - I just don't see/understand the need to disable updates? What am I missing?

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
It's not possible for AdGuard for Android to remove the ads from the YouTube app anymore.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Are there any solutions you know?
You can try using a modified YouTube app that has ad removal, e.g. iYTPB/YouTube Vanced or using YouTube in an Android web browser like Chrome or Firefox. The YouTube app itself? Nothing can be done about that.

Reactions: UMX