YouTube Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Support (AdGuard for Windows)' started by Netto Hikari, Dec 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Netto Hikari

Netto Hikari Beta Tester

Hey, there!

This is my first post here. :3 I've been using the AdGuard Chrome extension for quite some time and I really like it. However, I decided to give Internet Explorer 11 a try. Therefore I installed AdGuard for Windows. It works perfectly fine, but when it comes to YouTube video streaming, it causes issues.

Videos buffer slowly with AdGuard enabled. Sometimes, the player crashes and the video page reloads, etc. I also tried the HTML5 player and other streaming sites. Always the same problem until I disable AdGuard protection from the tray menu.

If one of you guys has a solution for this problem, I will not hesitate to buy a license in the future. :) (currently trial).

Greetings from Germany,
    - NH

EDIT: Appearently, I fixed the problem myself. :) I just disabled the WPF driver, rebooted and now it works.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  2. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello!

It's good that the issue is now fixed, but it's rather strange that WPF driver caused such things.

Could you please tell me your computer configuration:
    OS version
    Antivirus

Do you have "scan SSL" option enabled in your antivirus?

3. Netto Hikari

Netto Hikari Beta Tester

Hey, avatar. :)

I'm currently running Windows 8.1 x64 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8 which is also set to scan SSL, so yes. I already tried to disable NOD32, but it didn't help.

Regards,
    - Netto

4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We'll soon release a patch for 5.10 with new WFP driver. This issue with ESET should be fixed.

5. Netto Hikari

Netto Hikari Beta Tester

That is great! Thanks for your help! :)