Youtube no playback Firefox or Chrome, Win 7

borinqueño

Hello,

First post in the forum! ;o)

But on a serious note, started using Adguard as a trial about a week ago, bought licenses 3 days ago, very happy with it...

..but yesterday, Youtube has stopped playing. If I disable using adguard assistant, it won't play. If I turn off Stealth mode, it won't play. The only way to make it play is to stop all of Adguard.

Filters: User, English, Spyware, Social media, filter unblocking useful ads, spanish / portugese

Windows 7 32-bit, latest versions of FF and Chrome.

Any help appreciated ;o)

borinqueño

Found the issue -- Parental Control somehow was turned on. Maybe I did that when I was experimenting. Turned Parental Control off, youtue vids play just fine.

As an aside - found I had Parental Control on when I went to visit endi.com -- elnuevodia.com. It blocked it as innapropriate for children. You may want to check that, El Nuevo Dia is Puerto Rico's best newspaper. (unless your're Independentista, in which case El Vocero is the best paper ;o)

borinqueño

Thanks for the welcome and reply =o)

Youtube wasn't being blocked outright, and it wasn't added to Parental -- the video simply wouldn't play. The page would load, but the vid wouldn't play. Maybe it bears mention that I use FlashStopper extension to stop autoplay in both chrome and firefox, perhaps this has something to do with it?

I use FlashStopper to prevent CNN, youtube, etc videos from automatically playing. If I want a video I click to start it. Can't stand autoplaying content!

vasily_bagirov

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@borinqueño can I ask you to try and disable FlashStopper temporarily for the sake of experiment and see if YouTube videos are played with Parental Control enabled?

borinqueño

@vasily_bagirov I disabled FlashStopper in FireFox and enabled Parental Control in Adguard, the video would not play. I removed FlashStopper altogether and it still didn't play. I'll try more combinations tomorrow - for example, trying the same experiment in Chrome.