YouTube Video need a reload to start

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Difficult when we cannot reproduce it.
Can you provide remote access via AnyDesk?

This rule should work, but it is very likely to unblock ads:
@@||youtube.com^$genericblock

jeffery

Hi,

For some time it happens more often that videos on YouTube do not start. I have to reload the page and then the videos start as usual. This behavior does not rufus occur with every video, but every now and then. If I deactivate AdGuard I definitely don't have this problem.

Am I the only one with the problem or could anyone else observe this?
i am also facing this issue from last night this is annoying i don't know whats the solution for this problem.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Support Marine
Staff member
Administrator
Just recently, a fix for the incorrect rule realizes out.
Try to update filters after 2-3 hours and report the result.

slvvko

Filters Developer
Staff member
Administrator
could you please try this user rules:
||youtube.com/get_video_info?$domain=youtube.com
@@||youtube.com/get_video_info?*&ancestor_origins=http$xmlhttprequest,domain=youtube.com

if you use AdGuard standalone app and rules above do not help, try:

||youtube.com/get_video_info?$domain=youtube.com
@@||youtube.com/get_video_info?*&ancestor_origins=http$other,domain=youtube.com

deejayscream

Hi,

For some time it happens more often that videos on YouTube do not start. I have to reload the page and then the videos start as usual. This behavior does not occur with every video, but every now and then. If I deactivate AdGuard I definitely don't have this problem.

Am I the only one with the problem or could anyone else observe this?
Any solution on this?Anyone?? It's a bit anoying lately...

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
I still can't reproduce it in any browser. If you're using stealth mode, try disabling that and seeing if that helps. If it doesn't try disabling filters one-by-one and see if you can narrow it to a specific filter list if possible.

Blaz

Moderator & Translator
Staff member
Are you using any other browser Extension? I read some Extension can malfunction here too.

Boo Berry

Moderator + Beta Tester
Yeah, using YouTube-centric extensions and/or userscripts like Iridium have been known to cause issues like this lately.

deejayscream

Obrazek Wiadomości(3302585272).png
This is maybe why we need to reload a YT site before clip starts to play.Before this ad didn't show up,now it does. I guess,each 5-10 times you wanna play a clip this advert shows up,you need to click "skip ad" to play a video.Any solution ?

deejayscream

View attachment 17039
This is maybe why we need to reload a YT site before clip starts to play.Before this ad didn't show up,now it does. I guess,each 5-10 times you wanna play a clip this advert shows up,you need to click "skip ad" to play a video.Any solution ?
After few days testing,it's funny,that on IOS,when using YT on Safari and not Youtube app,using exactly same filters and rules,this ad doesn't come up on Iphone....

deejayscream

View attachment 17039
After another few days of testing,I can confidently say,that this pre loaded ad comes up only if you are logged inn into your YT account.It doesn't happen if I'm logged out.