Zen Mate

Discussion in 'Quality Control' started by Nameless, May 2, 2014.

1. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Just thought i would report that im testing out the zen mate compatibility of the application which is something i only installed a few days ago and while visiting lifehacker.com i just noticed ads were coming though and that the assistant in bottom right was not appearing i refreshed the page and restarted zenmate and everything was working again (ads blocked this time). I have tried to re-produce this but, i have failed but thoguht i would report it anyway.

Sorry if not explainign well but im just groggy from meds i guess.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  2. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

Right due to having a computer issue i have re-installed my computer but i still have the issue of my computer randomly freezing (either a hd issue or a chrome issue i can not figure it out) - .- but forget that...

I have just restarted my computer about 10 times as im installing things during every re-start i noticed that adguard was not blocking things again and that i had no assistant in the bottom corner. I tried disabling adguard and re-enabling and it still never appeared, i then disconnected from zenmate refreshed the page and it started to work again, i then re-connected to zenmate and adguard is still working.

What happened? I dont know, how to reproduce this issue, i dont know...

3. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

happened again, but this time its fixed its self which its never done before though it lasted a good 10-15minutes.

[​IMG]

Edit:
    How it happened this time.

Closed the lid on my laptop and went away to do something couple of miutes later i returned and picked up laptop opened lid and started to browse and noticed horrible ads. The normal fix for this like i have mentioned is to restart zenmate but on this occasion it sorted it self out.

Other issues i have are that i can not maximize adguard from the taskbar and this issue is in 5.9 too you have to use the icon next to the time to maximize it, there was another issue but ive forgot it as i was typing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  4. avatar

avatar Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Looks like you've got a zenmate SSL connection which was not filtered by Adguard.
    The issue was fixed when the old connection was closed and the new one (now filtered by Adguard) was created.

The question is - why the first connection was not filtered.
    Maybe Adguard protection has been started after zenmate has created the first connection?

5. Nameless

Nameless Beta Tester

I dont know, it randomly happens.

Ive had it happen when im browsing normally and also when i mentioned above when i have closed the lid on the laptop and returned at a later time, could it be zenmate changing the ip or something? I have noticed for some odd reason its tried to convert me to the turkey google yet its set to uk and that its once said i was in turkey when i did an ip lookup.